Influencer events can be an effective way for lifestyle brands to enhance their visibility and connect with their desired audience. These events can generate excitement, promote user-generated content, and establish positive relationships with influencers who can help promote the brand.
Here are some steps to consider when organizing an influencer event for your lifestyle brand:
- Identify your objectives: It is essential to identify your goals for the event, whether it is to boost sales, increase brand awareness, or create user-generated content. Knowing your objectives will assist in designing an event that aligns with your goals.
- Select appropriate influencers: Choosing the right influencers is critical to the success of your event. Look for influencers who are an excellent fit for your brand, who have a following that aligns with your target audience, and who are dependable and professional. Furthermore, it is of course a perfect opportunity to get to know the influencers personally. This way you will find out what their needs are. Remember that an influencer does not always need to have a lot of followers to have a lot of engagement. Influencers with a smaller reach are often also interesting because they have more engagement.
- Plan the event: Determine the type of event you want to host, such as a product launch or pop-up shop. Consider the venue, guest list, activities, and branding elements to create an experience that attendees will remember. In addition, it is best to build excitement with the audience several weeks in advance. This can be done through small sneak peaks, for example.
- Prepare goodie bags and giveaways: Offering exclusive goodie bags and giveaways can add an extra level of excitement to your event. Ensure that the items align with your brand values and are something that attendees will appreciate.
- Encourage social media sharing: Encourage attendees to share their experience on social media during the event. Create a unique hashtag for the event and consider running a social media contest to encourage attendees to share their posts.
- Follow up after the event: Don’t forget to thank attendees after the event and maintain relationships with the influencers you partnered with. You can also repurpose content from the event to promote your brand on social media.
An example of a successful influencer event is the brunch that ABCommunication organized to launch their new beach collection. The event provided influencers with a sneak peek of the new collection before it was available for purchase.
During the brunch, influencers were able to see and try on the new collection, as well as interact with the designers and other Victoria Benelux team members. This provided them with the opportunity to establish a personal relationship with the brand and the people behind it, which could result in a long-term partnership.
In addition, influencers received a goodie bag with various items upon leaving the event. This not only gave them a lasting memory of the occasion but also gave them the opportunity to showcase the great items they received on social media.
The event was also successful on social media, with influencers sharing photos and stories from the event with their followers, who praised Victoria Benelux’s new collection.
In conclusion, Victoria Benelux’s influencer event was an effective example of how lifestyle brands can utilize influencer events to promote their brand and products, as well as establish relationships with influencers. By involving influencers with the brand in this way, they can create valuable content that increases the brand’s reach and fosters greater engagement with the target audience.